These classes have been designed to build water confidence in an aquatic environment by making swimming lessons safe and fun. Helping to develop the child’s self-confidence in feeling buoyancy and enabling them to propel their bodies through the water.
Our classes will help in the development of the following skills:
Please Note: Airfield Tots classes require parent participation.
Airfield Tots 1 (3 to 12 months old)
- Adapting to the water environment and discovering movement in water, balance and co-ordination.
- Assisted submersion and basic breath control (holding breath).
- Assisted flotation, rotation and leg kick.
- Assisted jumping int he pool.
Airfield Tots 2 (1 and 2 years old)
- Develop breath control (holding breath and blowing bubbles through mouth).
- Independent submersion.
- Unassisted flotation and jumping in.
- Supported kicking and rotation.
- Independent movement in the water (push and glides).
Airfield Tots (3 years old)
- Full breath control (holding breath, blowing bubbles through mouth and nose).
- Independent kicking, paddling and rotation.
- Basic water confidence and safety.