Terms & Conditions
Please take time to read and understand the following terms and conditions and keep a copy for your records. By booking all clients attending swimming lessons with Airfield Swim Academy (ASA) accept these terms and conditions. In the unlikely event of failing to do so, a client may be requested not to continue lessons with ASA. A refund will not be eligible in these circumstances.
- Lessons At ASA we use a continuous term where the member pays for 8 sessions at a time. When a class is booked, full payment is requested to secure the place for that 8 sessions. Classes may be joined at any point in the term. ASA reserves the right to change the price of the lessons at any time. For any failed payments, ASA reserves the right to restrict access to the lesson until a suitable payment has been made for the missed payment. Under these circumstances ASA will not guarantee the same space on the existing lesson.
- Missed Lessons Lesson fees are non-refundable where the client has either missed lessons or decided to withdraw from the programme altogether. In exceptional circumstances management may exercise discretion on refunds. No refunds will be offered in the case of circumstances outside the control of ASA such as adverse weather conditions, power interruption, “act of god” as deemed to be contractually outside of the academy’s control.
- Changing Teacher We will use reasonable endeavours to provide the same instructor for each lesson within a course. However, relief instructors may be used without prior notification. We reserve the right to appoint a new teacher at anytime and may, at times, need to provide an alternative teacher for a class or classes due to illness or for any unforeseen circumstances. In the event a teacher is away for a long period of time we will try to keep the same cover teacher for the time period where possible. If a teacher is absent, ASA reserves the right to join classes together if considered appropriate and safe. We would always try to put a replacement teacher in place immediately however, if this is not manageable, we would put the classes together in order to avoid the cancellation. This would be an extremely rare occurrence as additional teachers are usually available to cover any such eventualities.
- Lesson Changes You may request a permanent change of time, day or Swimming teacher and we will try to accommodate your request, provided a space is available. If you cannot be accommodated at that time the client will be added to the movements list and you will be able to make movements through Home Portal when a space becomes available. Swimming ability and speed of progression will vary depending upon the swimmer.
- Holidays If you wish to take a holiday during a course so that the client misses a lesson or lessons within the course, you must still pay for the entire course. You shall retain your place on the course for the duration of the block of lessons.
- Online account Book a class online through airfieldswimacademy.co.uk, you will be given a number of course options in which you have to pick according to the ability that best suits the client. Once you have booked a course you will be sent HomePortal account details and instructions on how to use HomePortal. You must keep your contact details in your online customer account up to date. You agree that all information stored in your online account can be accessed by us and our employees. We will use the information in your online account for contact purposes, lesson bookings, lesson cancellations and any other purposes as we deem reasonable as part of the provision of the courses.
- Pupil Illness and medical conditions At the time of booking lessons, there is a section on medical information that must be filled in. If the swimmer is under the age of 16, their parents or guardian should complete the medical form on their behalf. Adult swimmers, parents and carers of the swimmers under 16 are responsible for updating this information on their HomePortal account of any changes in medical conditions. Children with heavy colds, sinusitis, ear infections, diarrhea, vomiting, chicken pox and any other contagious diseases should not attend lessons whilst these symptoms show. We shall not be liable for your child catching any illness or disease whilst at our lessons. Subject to the following, we will not provide refunds for absence from booked lessons due to illness, regardless of the number of lessons missed as a result. **However if your child suffers a serious illness, which affects him or her for more than 4 weeks (such as broken bones or any condition that requires prolonged hospitalisation and/or medical attention) then we may offer you a refund for all lessons missed as a result of the condition. If we offer you a credit in these circumstances but you do not wish to continue with swimming lessons with us, we may at our discretion offer you a refund instead for the number of weeks remaining. You must declare to us in writing by e-mail or by logging into your customer account all medical conditions affecting you or your child regardless of severity. We will in our absolute discretion decide whether such medical conditions will restrict you or your child’s engagement in lessons and we will notify you of our decision within 48 hours of receiving your notice. It is your responsibility to ensure that you or your child is medically fit to swim. We will not be liable for any accidents or injuries arising from swimming with us that relate to you or your child’s individual medical condition(s), save that nothing in these terms and conditions will limit the liability of any person for death or personal injury caused by negligence.
- Cancelling lessons by ASA – If we determine that there is insufficient support for a course, we have the right to cancel, suspend or postpone the course before the date of the first lesson. We shall give you as much notice as possible of any such cancellation and we will provide you with a full refund of your course fee if no suitable alternative course is found. Our liability for any such cancellation shall be limited to this refund and we shall not be liable for any losses of any kind incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. We will make every effort not to cancel lessons once a course has started but on rare occasions, pool closure or other unforeseen circumstances may force us to do so. We shall give you as much notice as possible of any such cancellation. In this event, we will offer you a substitute lesson on a date designated by us. If you notify us that you are unable to attend the substitute lesson in advance of the date scheduled for the substitute lesson, then you will receive a credit for the cancelled lesson. This credit may be offset against your fees for a subsequent course. If you do not accept the substitute lesson or do not wish to re-enroll for a subsequent course, we are not obliged to provide a refund.
- Cancelling lessons by Client – If you cancel a course after you have paid for it, we shall not be obliged to provide you with any credit or refund subject to ** of these terms and conditions.
- Clients Standards Clients should not run on the poolside, should remove loose fitting or sharp jewellery, wear a swim cap, do not drink alcohol prior to the lesson and do not eat or chew gum during the lesson. Photography/Videos (other than by our staff) is not permitted at any time. Clients should aim to arrive no more than 15 minutes before the lesson and leave no more than 15 minutes after the lesson to help improve changing room comfort.
- Parental responsibilities You are responsible for any children you bring with you into any part of the swimming pool venue including the changing and viewing areas. You must not leave the premises whilst your child is in the pool. Children are not the responsibility of the teachers until the child enters the swimming pool at the start of a lesson. During lessons you must not interrupt or communicate with the teacher, distract the pupils or approach the poolside, unless it is a matter of health and safety. You may not take photos or videos or any other type of recording of any children within the property.
- Withdrawal of service ASA, at its own discretion, may refuse entry to a client to its courses if it is felt that the client’s behaviour is in any way disruptive or unreasonable. Safety for all is our paramount concern and we have the right to remove anyone on, in or around the pool who gives us any concern whatsoever with regard to safety.
- Pool rules Everyone must shower and go to the toilet before they enter the water. Shoes must be removed before entering the poolside. Swim caps must be worn, other than for medical reasons. Clients may wear goggles but we reserve the right to remove them if they cause disruption of the class. We ask you to be changed and ready for your lesson, and be seated in the designated seating area at the poolside 5 minutes before your lesson is due to commence. You should not enter the pool until the class has started and wait to be invited into the pool by the teacher. You must not run or act inappropriately once within the pool vicinity. You must leave the pool as soon as the class has finished and should leave in an orderly manner. We shall not be responsible for any injury/accident caused as a result of children and /or parents disobeying these rules.
- Viewing Parents/Guardians are not permitted on the poolside but must sit in the pool viewing area. Parents/Guardians must not interfere with the lessons or distract the swimming teachers. We do ask that all spectators remain in the seating area in order to prevent any unnecessary distractions for the teachers.
- Pool Closures In the unlikely event of a pool closure due to technical difficulties or health and safety issues we will make every attempt to contact our customers as soon as possible. Contact will be made via telephone/email. We cannot be held responsible for any additional travel expenses incurred. When the pool is unavailable on a term basis, on public health or other grounds outside of ASA’s control (not including operational issues with the pool), ASA cannot be responsible for providing any further lessons during that time. In the unlikely event of this being the case and it is not possible to reschedule the classes, ASA will use the best endeavours to either refund the unused balance of the client’s course fees or to recompense them in a future cycle.
- Lost Property All property left in the changing rooms or the poolside/viewing area, and all property (including prams) left in the entrance hall or outside, is left entirely at the clients own risk ASA cannot accept any responsibility for the loss of or damage to any personal possessions. All lost property found on the venue will be stored in the lost property area, for a period of no more than 3 months.
- Limitations of Liability Whilst every reasonable precaution is taken by us to ensure security and safety at our swimming lessons, we shall not in any way be liable for any loss or damage arising in any way from our swimming lessons or the swimming pool we use. However, nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit the liability of any person for death or personal injury caused by negligence. Any claim against us arising from attendance at our swimming lessons must be notified in writing to us within six months from the day of the relevant swimming lesson and we shall not be liable for any claim that is notified to us after this time. In any event, we shall not be liable to you:
(A) For any purely economic loss, for consequential or indirect losses or for any loss of profit or opportunity;
(B) (where the claim is insured) for any loss which we are unable to recover from any insurer;
(C) (where any claim arises as a result of something which was done or not done by a third party) for any loss which we are unable to recover from that third party; and
(D) For any loss which is greater than the fee paid by you for the relevant course of swimming lessons. In the event that you or your child causes harm, damages, loss or injury to any other person or property during the course, you agree to indemnity us and reimburse us for all claims, losses, damages, expenses (including legal fees), and any other liability suffered by us as a result of such harm, damage, loss or injury caused by you or your child. We shall not be liable for any loss or theft of your or your child’s personal possessions and all property left by you on the property ( including without limitation in the changing rooms, viewing room and in the car park) is done so at your own risk.
- Home Portal HomePortal’ is maintained by ASA, whilst ASA endeavours to ensure that the information on this website is correct, no warranty, expressed or implied, is given as to its accuracy and ASA does not accept any liability for error or omission.
ASA shall not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of, or inability to use this site or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
ASA is not responsible for the content of any websites to which this site provides links. When using this website, you assume full responsibility for the use of any information and understand and agree that neither ASA nor any of its employees are responsible or liable for any claim, loss or damage resulting from its use.
‘HomePortal’ is a service that is provided to ASA customers free of charge and aims to enhance the customer / teacher experience through improved communication. Whilst every effort is made to make sure that the Course information is correct and up to date, ASA cannot guarantee that relevant information will appear for customers at all times.
Should all lesson criteria be marked as “passed” on ‘HomePortal’, there is no guarantee that a customer may progress to a more advanced class. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, the customer understands that a pupil may only be moved either when there is space, or under the discretion of the swim school coordinator. The decision of the swim school coordinator is final.
Customers should not expect for assessments to be made weekly. The teacher will carry out class grading whenever possible. ‘HomePortal’ does not guarantee feedback on every session. Due to the nature of the system, the customer understands that data from the most recent lesson will not appear until the following day.
These terms and conditions may be changed at any time, under the discretion of Airfield Swim Academy (ASA).