Please find below a list of frequently asked questions.
1. How do I make a booking?
To make a booking please click on the BOOK NOW link at the top of our website www.airfieldswimacademy.co.uk. Please follow the simple instructions on the screen to make a booking. If you need help please contact us and we will be happy to assist.
2. How do I pay for lessons?
Once you have booked your class online you will then be invited to pay through our secure gateway. Here you will be asked to enter your card details to make payment. You can also contact us and we can process the payment for you.
3. Can I change my payment option?
Normally our classes run in 8-week blocks, payment must be made in full at the beginning of the block of lessons.
4. What if I wish to cancel?
We hope you don’t have to cancel with us, but if you do please contact us to discuss as there may be a resolution. However, if you wish to proceed then you name will be automatically removed off the register if you haven’t made payment for the next block of lessons.
5. What if my lesson is cancelled, will I be charged?
No, you will not be charged if a lesson is cancelled by us. We will always try to get the cancelled lessons rescheduled for another date.
6. What if I cannot attend a lesson?
Once you have booked on to one of our blocks of lessons, we cannot give out refunds or credits for any lessons missed by you. However, if you or your child suffers a serious illness, which affects him or her for more than 4 weeks (such as broken bones or any condition that requires prolonged hospitalisation and/or medical attention) then we may offer you a refund for any lessons missed.
7. Can I get a refund?
We do not normally offer refunds, however, if your child suffers a serious illness, which affects him or her for more than 4 weeks (such as broken bones or any condition that requires prolonged hospitalisation and/or medical attention) then we may offer you a refund for any lessons missed.
8. How do I secure my current time slot for my next block of 8 sessions?
To secure your current time slot for your next block of 8 sessions please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your member area – https://airfieldswimacademy.courseprogress.co.uk/
- Click on the blue ‘pay’ button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your booking.
Please note if you have not completed this by your last session in your current block the space will become available to other members.
1. Do I need to be a member to attend one of your classes?
Yes to book our weekly lessons, you first need to register with us online and select which class you would like to join. For classes outside of swimming lessons, you can contact us directly via email or telephone.
2. How do I know which level of class to choose?
If you are a current member you will know from the teacher what level you are. If you are joining for the first time please book on to our free assessment class via the website. Here you will be invited to a short assessment class to find out what current level you are at. Then can book online to a class that suits your level.
3. What do I need to bring to class?
You will need all your usual items when going to a swimming pool, (costume/shorts, towel, goggles if you use them). All members must wear swimming hats while in the pool, we do sell hats & goggles onsite if you need them.
4. How many swimmers do you have in each class?
We always try to run classes which have a maximum of 5 members. (Depending on which activity you are doing). On a very rare occasion, we will have more than 5 in a class.
5. What is the instructor pupil ratio in each class?
Swim Ireland recommend no more than 1 instructor to 6 pupils in each class.
6. Do you offer private tuition?
We do offer 1 to 1 and 2 to 1 classes at the venue.
7. What if my child has a medical condition?
We ensure that equality is maintained at ASA. As part of the booking system, you must state what medical conditions the member may have. We will in our absolute discretion decide whether such medical conditions will restrict your child’s engagement in lessons and we will
notify you of our decision. Also, you may wish to speak with your GP before booking any of the swim classes.
8. Can I watch my child from the poolside?
No, we ask you not to do this as it distracts the class and the teacher. You can view all lessons from the viewing room beside the poolside.
9. Do you run adult swimming classes?
Yes, we run adult classes from beginners to improvers.
10. Do you offer a swimming lane?
Not at present, but please keep an eye out on our website and facebook as we may offer a swimming lane in the near future.
11. How do I check class availability?
To check class availability please follow the steps below:
- Click on the following link – https://airfieldswimacademy.courseprohome.co.uk/home
- Select location drop down – Airfield Swim Academy
- Select activity drop down – Swimming
- Click ‘Show Centres’ button’
1. Can I access the pool outside of my class?
No ASA is a programmed session of classes each day. If you are not registered to a class then you cannot enter the pool. Please keep an eye out on facebook or our website for from outside class activities.
2. What are your swimming pool rules?
For health and safety reasons, ASA would ask all members to adhere to the following:
- Everyone must shower and go to the toilet before they enter the water.
- Shoes must be removed before entering the poolside.
- Swim caps must be worn, other than for medical reasons.
- Clients may wear goggles but we reserve the right to remove them if they cause disruption of the class.
- We ask you to be changed and ready for your lesson and be seated in the designated seating area at the poolside 5 minutes before your lesson is due to commence.
- You should not enter the pool until the class has started and wait to be invited into the pool by the teacher.
- You must not run or act inappropriately once within the pool vicinity.
- You must leave the pool as soon as the class has finished and should leave in an orderly manner.
- The entire building is a non-smoking area.
3. Do you have parking?
Yes, we have a spacious parking and disabled parking area.
4. What if I have an issue or complaint?
Please contact us directly via phone or email to discuss any issues or complaints you may have. We hope to resolve them immediately.
5. How do I contact Airfield Swim Academy (ASA)?
Please feel free to contact us during normal office hours of 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, using the details below:
If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.