National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
Airfield Swim Academy is delighted to offer the globally recognised National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ).
Why become a Lifeguard?
- Excellent starting point for a career in the leisure industry.
- Opportunity for career progression, as most leisure managers start off as Pool Lifeguards.
- Varied working hours.
- Work within a team.
- The NPLQ is recognised around the world, so potential to work and travel.
- Great way for students to fund studies.
- Learn essential life skills, including First Aid and CPR.
Lifeguard Course Pre-Requisites
Every candidate attending the NPLQ course must be 16-years-old at the time of taking the NPLQ final assessment and be able to confidently carry out the following tasks:
- Jump / dive into deep water.
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds.
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water.
- Tread water for 30 seconds.
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool.
- Climb out unaided without ladder/steps and where the pool design permits.
For more information and availability, please use the contact form below: